Monday 13 June 2011

First "investment"

Have today bought my train ticket (plus bike reservation) from Macclesfield to London on Thursday 1st September, so there's no going back now.  Cost - £11.50.  Instead of the £137.50 it costs to travel down to London before 10 am on a weekday.  I appreciate this is possibly the most mundane post yet (and without being unkind to my fellow riders there is some competition), but there we are - I was very happy.

Next job is booking the ticket from Paris to Lamballe in Brittany - if only I were brave enough to use the SNCF.fr website I could bag myself a bargain, but as it is, I shall probably resort to Rail Europe, who basically charge the same in £ as you would pay in € if buying the ticket in the land of travel, but they do seem to be pretty reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment