Monday 20 June 2011

Weekend of punctures

Posted by Dylan

The weekend started bad with intermittent torrential rain all day saturday so the chance of getting on my bike on Sunday was not looking good. This was further impacted when i found that my car had a puncture on Saturday evening which meant i had to look forward to a morning sitting in Kwik Fit. To avoid missing out on getting some training i went for a session on the cross trainer. I am very please to report that several months ago 30 mins on the cross trainer was killing me and i managed to complete a 1hr 20min session with no major issues so all this training is making a difference to my fitness level.

After getting back from fixing the car i went to check out my bike to find that it also had a puncture.. :-(. Good news its was Fathers Day and the kids had presented me with 2 nice shiny Continental Gatorskins which i proceeded to install last night. Based on Neil's recommendations i don't expect to get any further puncture issues.

I am looking forward to our trip our next week with an element of worry seeing that i have not managed to get more than 40 miles in a single session but hopefully i have enough training to to get me through. I am in my homeland so hopefully this will inspire me to push ahead and get to the end. Failing that i will bring my tow rope and Stuart can pull me along......

No comments:

Post a Comment